Sweet Potato Falafel
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cooked
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of half a lemon
1 C Growing Naturals original rice protein
- 1 T EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1 T toasted sesame oil
- Sprinkling of chia seeds
- Salt and pepper
- Put the sweet potatoes, cumin, garlic, coriander, lemon juice and flour into a large bowl. Salt and pepper to taste, add EVOO and sesame oils, then mush with fork until smooth
- Firm in fridge for 30 mins. Should be more gooey than wet.
- If needed, add a bit more EVOO or flour.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Using a spoon or a falafel scoop, place on an oiled tray. Sprinkle seeds and bake for 15-20 mins, until the bases are golden brown.
These are great with a salad and leftover grilled eggplant!