This Frosty Pumpkin Protein Smoothie is the perfect autumn sipper for a healthy snack on the go, a quick breakfast, or even as lunch on the run. With natural sweetness from in-season fruit and a powerful hunger-blasting hit of plant-based protein, you’ll want to keep this recipe handy to enjoy all autumn long.
Frosty Pumpkin Protein Smoothie
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk (or other milk of your choice)
- 1/2 cup frozen pumpkin (fresh or canned puree, NOT pie filling), in chunks
- 1/2 cup frozen seedless grapes
- 2 slices peeled ginger root (about 1 Tablespoon chopped or grated fresh ginger)
1/2 scoop (about 1 heaping Tablespoon) Growing Naturals Yellow Pea Protein powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Additional grapes and 1 Tablespoon raw sunflower seed kernals as optional garnish
- Place all ingredients (except additional grapes and sunflower seed kernels) in blender in order given.
- Blend until smooth.
- If the mixture is thicker than you like, add a Tablespoon or 2 more milk.
- Garnish with sunflower seed kernels and serve with additional grapes, if desired.
Calories 158, Protein 9.5 grams, Sugar 17 grams, Carbs 27 grams, Fat 3 grams, Fiber 7 grams