Dark chocolate-dipped strawberries are one of my fav go-to desserts. Not only are they easy to make, they’re also the perfect-size treatand they provide some disease-fighting anti-oxidants (from the berries and cocoa powder)! Plus you’re eating fruit! What could be better? Only a whole smoothie inspired by this dessert and boosted with some plant protein of course! I had this for breakfast, but it could also work as dessert by splitting into 4 servings instead of 2.
Dark Chocolate Strawberry Protein Smoothie
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1/2 medium frozen banana
- 2 cups your choice milk (I used almond original)
- 1 cup water (or less if you prefer a thicker smoothie)
- 1 heaping tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1.5 tbsp ground flaxseed
2.5 scoops Growing Naturals Premium Vanilla or Original rice protein
- 1-2 small pieces/squares of your choice dark chocolate (optional)
Place all ingredients (except protein powder) in a blender and blend until smooth. Then add protein powder and pulse until thoroughly mixed. Pour and enjoy!
Calories 256, Protein 21.5 grams, Sugar 18 grams, Carbs 34 grams, Fat 5.4 grams, Fiber 6.4 grams