Mango and Banana Protein Muffins
12 regular muffins or 6-8 larger muffins.
- 1 cup (220g/2 medium) ripe banana, mashed
- 1 medium mango (about 200g flesh) peeled and chopped into chunks
- 3/4 cup egg whites (we use Pureegg Simply Egg Whites)
- 1 cup (90g) quinoa flakes or gluten free quick oats
1/2 cup (60g) Growing Naturals Original Rice Protein powder
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- Optional: 1/4 cup coconut sugar/sugar or sweetener of your choice
- Optional: walnuts/nuts of your choice, chocolate chips, other mix ins
Preheat your oven to 180C/355F.
- Grease 12 muffin cups/tins with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a food processor or blender, blend your bananas, mango and egg whites until smooth and combined.
- Add in all of your other ingredients and process until combined, scraping down the sides in between processing to ensure everything is mixed together.
- Pour your mixture into your prepared cups/tins, filling about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through and a skewer inserted into the centre of one of your muffins removes clean.
- Allow to cool before serving or storing in an airtight container. These will keep for 2-3 days in an airtight container at room temperature, up to a week in an airtight container in the fridge or for months if frozen.
Calories 70, Protein 7 grams, Sugar 4.7 grams, Carbs 12 grams, Fat 0.6 grams, Fiber 1.4 grams