Vegan Condensed Crème of Mushroom Soup
1 can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
Alisa Fleming fromwww.godairyfree.org
The dry mix in this recipe can be prepared ahead and stored in an air-tight container for 2 to 3 months. Use it to make the condensed soup or as a base for other sauces or soups.
1/4 cup Growing Naturals Original Rice Drink+ Powder
1-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch or potato starch
3/4 to 1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup cold water
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
Whisk together the RiceDrink+ Powder, starch, 3/4 teaspoon salt, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- When ready to use, place the dry mix and water in a blender, and mix for 1 minute.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the mushroom pieces and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Whisk in the liquid.
- When it begins to bubble, continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes while whisking continuously. It will thicken significantly.
- Remove from heat and season to taste with additional salt, if desired.
- Use in recipes or thin with up to 1 cup of water for a base crème soup.