Who doesn’t love a rich cup of joe in the morn? I personally love straight black coffee–but on occasion
I’ll crave a latte of sorts. And during summer, iced or frozen coffee sounds especially good.
I used refrigerated drip coffee left over from the day before, but you can make fresh coffee and cool it down or use coffee powder–whichever you prefer.
Vegan Coconut Mocha Frap
- 1/3 cup chilled espresso or (I used strong drip coffee)
- 1.5 cups coconut milk (I used unsweetened)
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
2/3 scoop Growing Naturals chocolate pea protein
1/2 scoop Growing Naturals chocolate rice protein
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder (optional, if you want more chocolately flavor)
Handful or two of ice (depending on how thick you want it)
Place all ingredients (except ice) in a blender, placing the protein powders in last and blend until thoroughly mixed. Add the ice cubes in one at a time until you’ve reached your desired consistency.
Calories 345, Protein 21.5 grams, Sugar 3.5 grams, Carbs 9.6 grams, Fat 22.7 grams, Fiber 6 grams