Protein Pancakes With Fruit Topping
1.5 scoop Growing Naturals vanilla rice protein
- 2 egg whites (or substitute with “egg replacer”)
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup strawberries, halved
- Toppings (peanut butter, chia seeds, additional fruit, etc)
- Spray pan with nonstick spray and heat over medium heat on stove.
- In bowl, combine 1/2 mashed banana, protein powder, egg whites**, cinnamon, nutmeg and honey. Whisk until just combined and all lumps of banana are mashed.
- Pour batter into pan. Add frozen blueberries and strawberries to batter.
- Cook over medium heat. When pancake thickens and you start to see bubbles, flip pancake.
- Cook for 2-3 additional minutes, or until cooked all the way through. This will depend on the size of your pancake. I typically use an 8 inch pan and make one big pancake, but you can make several small ones too!
**Expert Tip for flufflier pancakes: First beat the egg whites on high speed until they have a peak that stands on its own and then carefully fold the other ingredients in.
Add your toppings! I always add the other half of the banana and some peanut butter, and additional fruit and honey. PB&J is another favorite combo. You really can’t go wrong here.
Calories 274, Protein 33.6 grams, Sugar 25 grams, Carbs 38 grams, Fat 0.7 grams, Fiber 4 grams