Mexican Chocolate and Walnut Healthy Bites
- 1/4 cup crushed almond meal or coconut flour for nut free version
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (can’t have nuts? try banana chips)
- 1/3-1/2 cup nut butter ( PB, almond, or sunflower seed is awesome for this recipe of course)
2.5 scoops Chocolate Growing Naturals Brown Rice Protein
- 3- 4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp cayenne or chili pepper (more if you like spicy)
- 2-3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup raw honey, agave, or maple syrup.
Optional- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract. I also like to use NuNaturals Cocoa Bean extract when I have it in my pantry.
- Optional – handful of dark chocolate chips
Chop nuts in food processor, or you can buy them already chopped. Transfer into a large bowl and add in all the remaining ingredients with the nut butter and honey/maple syrup being the last .
Mix well ( I use my hands) and roll into bite size balls. Coat bites with extra coca powder/cinnamon. I usually coat them after they have set in freezer for at least 5-10 minutes. Then return to freezer after.
Makes anywhere between 18-22 balls. Just depends how big or small you roll them. Mine are usually around 18grams Freeze or keep in refrigerator to maintain freshness.
Calories 166, Protein 9 grams, Sugar 7.5 grams, Carbs 13 grams, Fat 9 grams, Fiber 3 grams