Carrot Cake Oatmeal with a Protein Boost
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats (steel cut oats work fine too)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or your choice milk)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 large carrot, shredded (about 1/2 cup) sometimes I even buy the baby food pouches of carrots. Works great! They have all kinds that mix great into oatmeal and shakes.
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 2 dashes cinnamon
- 2-3 drops vanilla extract
- Drizzle of agave nectar or a few dates to add a bit of natural sweetness
1 scoop Growing Naturals Vanilla Blast Pea Protein powder (amps up the tastiness and nutrition about 75%!)
- Place the oats, milk, and water in a small pot and heat over medium until simmering. Turn down heat to low and cook for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, shred the carrot.
- After the oats have simmered for 3 minutes, add the shredded carrot, raisins, and cinnamon to the pan. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Cook to desired consistency then turn off heat and add the vanilla extract, protein powder and sweetener.
- Transfer to a bowl, and top with your favorites if you like… , 1 TBSP nut butter,hemp seed hearts, flaxmeal, chia seeds raw almonds or walnuts are all nice options
Calories 367, Protein 22 grams, Sugar 25 grams, Carbs 54 grams, Fat 5 grams, Fiber 8 grams