Vegan Fruit, Nut & Seed Protein Bars
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 6 dates
- ¼ cup water
- 4 heaping tbsp. sweetened shredded coconut (because I love coconut)
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼-1/2 cup dried blueberries (or dried fruit of choice)
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
½ scoop Growing Naturals Vanilla Blast Pea Protein Powder
1/2 scoop Growing Naturals Vanilla Blast Rice Protein Powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 9 x 13 inch or other small baking pan with parchment paper to prevent bars from sticking.
- Toast sliced almonds, oats, sunflower & sesame seeds on a skillet over medium heat until lightly brown. Add sesame seeds last as are tiny and will toast the fastest. Set side.
- Place dates, coconut, almond flour, protein powders and water in a processor and process until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix toasted oats, almonds, seeds, pureed mixture and remaining ingredients (berries, chia, cinnamon). Fold until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and press down firmly with hands (I used the spatula) to help the bars stay intact.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until edges turn golden brown. Allow to cool before cutting into 8-12 bars.
Calories 206, Protein 8.3 grams, Sugar 11 grams, Carbs 21 grams, Fat 11.3 grams, Fiber 4.7 grams