Pumpkin Zucchini Muffins
- 1 C whole grain pastry flour
1/2 C Growing Naturals Rice Protein Powder
- 1 C quick-cooking oats
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 C Xylitol (or regular sugar)
- 1/4 C brown sugar, packed
1/3 C unsweetened vanilla coconut milk (I used So Delicious)
- 1 egg (or flax egg)
- 1 C pumpkin puree
- 1/3 C coconut oil
- 1 C grated zucchini (1 medium)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 12-muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix dry ingredients together.
- In medium bowl mix together milk, egg, and pumpkin. Add oil, stirring quickly so it doesn’t solidify.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, stirring until just combined. Mix in zucchini.
- Divide evenly among tins and bake for 20 mins.
You can replace the xylitol with white sugar or another sugar replacer.
The coconut milk can be replaced with regular milk or another milk-like substance. If you don’t use vanilla-flavored, add a teaspoon of vanilla to the wet ingredient mix.
Use a flax egg to makes these vegan.
Calories 150, Fat 7.5 grams, Carbs 18.9 grams, Fiber 2.2 grams, Sugar 5.3 grams, Protein 2.9 grams