Protein Packed Banana Bread Bites
3 servings (each serving contains 1 scoop rice or whey protein)
- 1 + 1/4 cups oat flour (OR alternately use almond flour, though this may change the taste/texture)
- 3 scoops vanilla rice or whey protein powder
- 2 small, overripe bananas, mashed (or 1.5 large overripe bananas)
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1/4 -1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk OR milk of choice** (may require more, especially if using almond flour)
Pinch sea salt
- 3-5 dashes cinnamon (to taste)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the oat flour, protein powder, cinnamon and sea salt. Then add in the mashed banana- it should be very crumbly.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the nut butter with the honey or maple syrup until melted. Pour the wet mixture into the flour/banana mixture until fully incorporated.
- Using a tablespoon at a time, add the dairy free milk of choice until a very thick batter is formed.
- Using your hands, divide the batter into 3 equal pieces (these are your 3 servings). Form your choice bite sized balls from each serving and refrigerate in separate containers for at least 20 minutes to firm up.
Calories 644, Protein 42 grams, Sugar 24 grams, Carbs 70 grams, Fat 25.8 grams, Fiber 7.1 grams