Grain Free Super Fruit Bread
- 1 scoop Super fruit Greens Powder
- 1/2 cup Coconut Chia Flax Blend (or grain free flour like)
2 scoops (about 60 grams) protein Powder (I use Vanilla Rice Protein from Growing Naturals)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1 tbsp coconut or almond milk (or other milk of choice)
- 1 tbsp organic gelatin (optional) -Gelatin is great for joints and gut health
- Coconut oil/butter and molasses for topping
- 1/4 tsp vanilla or cherry extract
- I also added in 1 tbsp berry omegas swirls to give it more berry flavor.
- Optional – Stevia drops for more sweetness (about 10).
First add your egg whites to a bowl. Beat until fluffy. Then slowly add in your dry ingredients and the extra whole egg.
Beat again on low. Keep beating on low until you’ve added in all your ingredients and the batter is smooth.
If you are using just coconut flour, you might have to add more milk. Pour batter in an greased pie pan and bake at 375F for 12-14 minutes. The batter is thin so be sure it doesn’t overcook. Remove from oven and let cool.
Next, mix together softened coconut butter and a little bit of vanilla or cherry extract. Spread over the bread and then drizzle with molasses or honey.
Feel free to try the flax egg here too. It might work with agar agar (a vegan gelatin).
Calories 118, Protein 13 grams, Sugar 1.5 grams, Carbs 6 grams, Fat 5 grams