Gluten Free Pumpkin Chip Protein Muffins
2 flax eggs
[2 Tbsp ground flaxseed + 6 Tbsp water]
7 ½ oz. cooked pumpkin [½ can]
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup grapeseed or light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups BG Bakes Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
¼ cup Growing Naturals Vanilla Blast Rice Protein Powder
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
1 cup allergy friendly chocolate chips + extra for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a muffin tin with paper or foil liners.
- In a small mixing bowl, prepare your flax eggs by whisking together the ground flaxseed and water; allow to sit for 3-5 minutes so that the “egg” can absorb the water and thicken.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flax eggs with pumpkin, maple syrup, oil, and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, protein powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to the wet ingredients and mix well; fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill lined muffin cups ¾ full; top with additional chocolate chips. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Calories 282, Protein 4 grams, Sugar 18 grams, Carbs 34 grams, Fat 16 grams, Fiber 2.7 grams