Gluten Free Protein Waffles
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon filtered water
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil (or allergy friendly oil of choice)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 organic banana, mashed
- 2/3 cup brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
3 scoops Growing Naturals vanilla rice protein (or protein powder of choice)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine flaxseed and ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon water. Whisk ingredients with a fork until well blended and set aside. This will serve as your egg substitute.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flaxseed mixture and remaining wet ingredients. Beat on medium-high spped until well combined and smooth. Add remaining dry ingredients and mix well. Batter will be slightly thick.
- Spoon batter onto waffle iron (approximately ¼ cup per waffle dependent on waffle iron), close lid, and cook until waffles are golden and firm. Amount of batter used will vary from iron to iron.
- Remove from iron and serve piping hot with maple syrup or fresh berries. Makes 8-10 waffles dependent on size of waffle iron.
Leftovers? Love those! Seal in an airtight freezer safe bag or container and serve another day.
Calories 153, Protein 6 grams, Sugar 4.4 grams, Carbs 15.9 grams, Fat 6.4 grams, Fiber 1.7 grams