Fudgy Plantain Protein Muffins
- 1 large, ripe plantain (~120 grams)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 T cocoa powder
- 3 scoops chocolate protein powder (I use Growing Naturals)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 C unsweetened almond milk
- 2 T nut butter (I used Nuttzo chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease muffin tin.
- In a blender or food processor, blend plantain, egg whites, and vanilla until smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Stir in egg mixture. Gradually adding in milk, adjusting as needed (may vary depending on ripeness and size of plantain). Stir in nut butter.
- Pour the batter into muffin tins.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until toothpick come out clean.
Calories 74, Protein 7.4 grams, Sugar 3 grams, Carbs 7.7 grams, Fat 2 grams, Fiber 1.3 grams