In this easy chocolate pudding, the pumpkin adds body and richness with no more effort than pushing a button and wielding a rubber spatula. The flavor does not read “pumpkin,” just chocolate comfort.
- 1 15-ounce can unsweetened pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- ¼ cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder (not Dutch process)
- ½ cup Growing Naturals Chocolate Power Rice Protein powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup almond milk or lowfat dairy milk
- Optional: additional natural sweetener to taste (e.g., stevia, honey, maple syrup)
- In a blender (I used a Vitamix) or food processor, process the pumpkin, cocoa powder, protein powder, vanilla and cinnamon until well blended and smooth, stopping once or twice to scrape down the sides of the processor bowl or blender pitcher with a spatula.
- Add half of the milk to the blender or processor; process until smooth, then scrape down sides, Add remaining milk; process until smooth. Taste the pudding and add additional sweetener (a little bit at a time) if desired.
- Scrape into a big container or into individual jars or ramekins. Cover and chill at least 2 hours for it to thicken and for the flavors to blend.
Approximately (per serving without sweetener): 8g protein/ 2.7g sugar/ 8g carb/ <1g fat/ 2g fiber/ 67 calories
Recipe courtesy of Camilla at PowerHungry