Vegan Kid-Friendly Green Franken Smoothie
Scarlett Full, in-house Registered Dietitian
Before your kids load up on chocolate and candy on Halloween (or the following weeks), here’s an easy and delicious breakfast (or lunch!) that’s packed with immune-boosting fruits and greens, then poured into fun Frankenstein glass cups (or any other silly face of your choosing). It’s gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, entirely plant-based, and we promise they won’t taste the “greens”.
- 1.5 frozen bananas
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks (I actually ran out of frozen and used canned/crushed instead without issue)
- 1 cup of water
- 2-3 large handfuls of fresh spinach leaves
1-2 scoops Growing Naturals vanilla rice or pea protein (use less for young children or more for adults)
- (Optional): 1/2 hass avocado
- Optional: For Frankenstein glass cups, use permanent black marker to draw faces on clear glass cups of choice. Make sure surface is dry. Remove/clean cups with rubbing alcohol.
- Pour all ingredients (except protein powder) into a blender and blend until smooth. Then add protein powder and pulse until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour into Franken cups and enjoy!
Calories 210, Protein 11 grams, Sugar 30 grams, Carbs 42 grams, Fat 0 grams, Fiber 4.2 grams