Perfect Blueberry Protein Waffles
Kathryn Clark (contest winner)
1 almost-full scoop of Growing Naturals vanilla rice protein (I usually use 2/3 of the scooper, or else the waffle iron overflows with batter!)
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (I like extra!)
- 1 teaspoon Truvia (or Stevia, or sweetener of choice)
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (I typically use 2, but you might have to adjust to achieve the perfect batter consistency. It will depend on the amount of powder you use.)
- *Optional: 1/4 cup of blueberries (or any other berry!)
- Mix the dry ingredients in a blow, whisk in the wet ingredients and fold in blueberries. (Note: You could also mix everything in a blender OR shaker bottle for an easy, even consistency and then add blueberries afterward.)
- Spray a round waffle iron with cooking spray, pour in the batter and then close the waffle iron/rotate it.
- Wait until it’s finished cooking (most irons have a notification light), remove and enjoy with toppings!