No Bake Gluten Free Dairy Free Cookie Dough Bites
1 cup pitted dates in ½ cup warm water
- ¼ cup water + 2 Tablespoons (In addition to water in dates.)
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted (or Coconut Spread from Earth Balance*)
- 2 Tablespoons nut or seed butter, warmed slightly to thin (sunflower seed butter, peanut butter or almond butter would work well, too.)
- 1 Tabelspoon molasses (Molasses adds a specific flavor that makes this recipe taste like cookie dough, but you may use another liquid sugar like pure maple syrup, honey or agave nectar.)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
1 cup (about 5 scoops) Growing Naturals Vanilla Blast Pea Protein Powder* (it is gluten free AND dairy-free and Non-GMO)
- ⅓ to ½ cup chopped dark chocolate (GF, Vegan) or chocolate chips of your choice (Enjoy Life Foods makes chocolate chips and chunks free from Big 8 food allergens as well as gluten free.)
- You will need a standard size loaf pan; do not grease the pan.
- Boil dates in ½ cup water until water is nearly reduced completely and dates are very soft (about 3 minutes, full boil).
- Remove dates from heat. Cool slightly; place in blender or food processor.
- Add additional ¼ cup + 2 Tablespoons water and process until completely smooth.
- Spoon dates into mixing bowl.
- Stir in coconut oil, nut/seed butter, molasses, vanilla extract and salt; stir until smooth.
- Stir in protein powder until no dry areas remain.
- Add chocolate; stir to distribute.
- Spoon mixture into loaf pan.
- Chill in fridge or freezer until firm. (Overnight in fridge, or 2 hours in freezer.)
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
- Store leftovers in fridge.
Calories 173, Protein 7 grams, Sugar 15 grams, Carbs 19 grams, Fat 8.7 grams, Fiber 2 grams