This rich and creamy smoothie is so simple to assemble! Just take a few basic ingredients and a whir whir in the blender, then you’ll be sipping what tastes like a slice of (healthy) apple pie!
What better way to get your “apple a day” could there be?! And don’t forget to take advantage of local, in-season apples at farm stands and you-pick orchards. Supporting our health while supporting local farmers and the planet is always a win!
Healthy Apple Pie Protein Smoothie
- ½ to 1 cup ice, depending on how frosty you like your smoothies (I use about 1 cup.)
- 1 medium apple, cubed (Peel on/off, you decide. I leave it on.)
1 scoop vanilla Growing Naturals Pea Protein powder
- 2 teaspoons honey (adjust to taste, or omit; you could also use maple syrup or agave nectar)
- Heaping ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 ounces milk (plant-based or dairy, it’s up to you)
- Apple slice & dash of cinnamon, to dress it up (Because we’re fancy!)
- Place all ingredients in blender EXCEPT apple slice & extra dash of cinnamon (last ingredient in list).
- Blend away until it’s all smooth and frosty.
- Pour it up, fancy it up and enjoy right away!
Calories 287, Protein 16.5 grams, Sugar 40 grams, Carbs 51 grams, Fat 3.8 grams, Fiber 7 grams