Chocolate Avocado Protein Pudding (KETO-friendly Version)
Two 1/2 cup servings
Scarlett Full, in-house Registered Dietitian
Loaded with healthy fats and fiber, avocados are the base of this nutritious and delicious take on chocolate pudding. This version will keep you satisfied for longer with added pea protein– Plus, did you know pea protein is a natural thickener? It works beautifully to give this alternative dessert some silky smooth volume. Maca is optional but will take your vegan choco pudding to a whole new (nutritional) level 🙂
- 1 small hass avocado (it was about 3.5 inches lengthwise)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. maca powder (optional)
- Stevia as needed or your choice calorie-free sweetener
1 scoop Growing Naturals chocolate pea protein
- 1/2 tsp. orange extract (give the pudding a refreshing citrusy lift, without the carbs in OJ)
- 4-6 tbsp. water
Cut ripened avo in half and scoop insides into a food processor. Add all ingredients except stevia and process until smooth.
- Taste the pudding and sprinkle in stevia a little at a time until you reach your desired sweetness.
- Pour in container, cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Calories 188, Protein 11.4 grams, Sugar 2 grams, Carbs 13 grams, Fat 12.8 grams, Fiber 9 grams