This dairy-free strawberry sundae is perfectly delicious and nutritious for hot summer days! Coconut milk and banana give it that creamy mouthfeel and the vanilla protein powder provides, sweetness and vanilla flavor (aside from protein). It’s keto-friendly and contains 7g of vegan protein per 1/2 cup serving!*
Makes approximately 2 half cup servings
- half a banana (frozen or fresh)
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1-2 Tbsp Growing Naturals vanilla rice protein* (depending on how much protein you want)
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- Sweetener (optional–i thought it was sweet enough with the banana and protein powder)
*There is approximately 5.3g protein per tablespoon. See how much protein per tbsp for other rice and pea proteins here.
- Dairy-free chocolate chips
- Dairy-free caramel sauce
- Hemp seeds
Place banana, coconut milk and protein powder in a processor and process until smooth. Pour mixture in an airtight container and place in the freezer for 2-3 hours until frozen.
Once frozen, scoop out into a bowl and top with fresh strawberries!
Recipe Courtesy of Scarlett Full, in-house Registered Dietitian
Approximately (per 1/2 cup, with 2T protein powder): 7g protein | 3.8g sugar | 9.7g carb | 16g fat | 0.8g fiber | 197 calories