Perfect for when you want a Fall inspired dessert but don’t want to go through all the trouble of prepping and baking an entire cake.
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour*, unpacked, level
- 1 tbsp Growing Naturals vanilla rice protein, unpacked, level
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree (I used canned pumpkin)
- 2 tbsp your choice milk (I used almond)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or your choice sweetener
- a few dashes of ground cinnamon and nutmeg
- pinch of salt
*may substitute for gluten-free flour but make sure it is for baking
- Place the coconut oil in your mug and melt it in the microwave for a few seconds. Swirl the melted oil around so it coats the mug evenly.
- Add remaining wet ingredients (pumpkin puree, milk and maple syrup) and mix thoroughly with a fork.
- Add dry ingredients and whisk together with a fork until thoroughly mixed.
- Set in the microwave for 1 minute, adding 10 second increments as needed until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out dry.
- (Optional) Top with your choice non-dairy whipped topping and extra dashes of cinnamon.
This recipe is vegan, dairy-free, soy-free
Recipe Courtesy of Scarlett Full, in-house Registered Dietitian
Approximately: 8.2g protein/ 14g sugar/ 36g carb/ 14g fat/ 1.5g fiber/ 300 calories