This recipe is vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free
Makes approximately 13 bites
- 1 cup raw cashews, divided
- 1/3 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats*
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup your choice non-dairy milk (I used unsweetened coconut)
- 1 tbsp, packed, Growing Naturals vanilla rice protein**
- 1 tbsp, packed, Growing Naturals vanilla pea protein**
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes + more for coating bites (optional)
*Use gluten-free certified oats, for a truly gluten-free recipe.
**Use more or less protein as needed for taste preferences or nutritional needs. Add 1/2 tbsp at a time. You can also use one type of protein instead of both if preferred.
- In a small cup, mix the non-dairy milk and flaxseed meal and let sit for a few minutes, until thickened.
- Process 3/4 cup of the cashews until very fine/powdery. Pour into a medium bowl.
- Place the remaining cashews, oats and cranberries into the processor and pulse until roughly chopped. Then add this to the bowl with ground cashews.
- Add the wet flaxmeal, protein powders, vanilla extract and coconut flakes and mix with a wooden spoon or your hands. Mixture should be pretty dry/crumbly. (Add more oats or protein powder if it’s too wet, or if too dry, add more non-dairy milk one tsp at a time).
- Roll the mixture into balls with your hands, using a heaping tbsp of mixture at a time.
- Coat with coconut flakes as needed.
- Store in the fridge for up to a week.
Recipe Courtesy of Scarlett Full, in-house Registered Dietitian