Who doesn’t love a rich cup of joe in the morn? I personally love straight black coffee–but on occasion
I’ll crave a latte of sorts. And during summer, iced or frozen coffee sounds especially good.
This morning I noticed I had about a half cup left in the pot from yesterday. So of course I decided to make myself this healthy breakfast frap (aka frozen coffee) and of course added some chocolate plant-based protein to it!
For 1 serving
- 1/3 cup chilled espresso or (I used strong drip coffee)
- 1.5 cups coconut milk (I used unsweetened)
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2/3 scoop Growing Naturals chocolate pea protein
- 1/3 scoop Growing Naturals chocolate rice protein
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder (optional, if you want more chocolately flavor)
- handful or two of ice (depending on how thick you want it)
Place all ingredients (except ice) in a blender, placing the protein powders in last and blend until thoroughly mixed. Add the ice cubes in one at a time until you’ve reached your desired consistency.
Recipe courtesy of Scarlett Full, in-house Registered Dietitian
Approximately: 21.5g protein/ 3.5g sugar/ 9.6g carb/ 22.7g fat/ 6g fiber/ 345 calories
#lowcarb #lowsugar #ketogenic #vegan #plantbased