- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 scoops Growing Naturals original pea protein
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz.) red or dark red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15.8 oz.) Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz.) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chillis
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 3 tbsp. chili powder
- 4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- crushed tortilla chips (optional)
- Spray 4-quart slow cooker with a nonstick spray.
- Place the onion, carrot and jalapeno in the slow cooker. Cook for 20 min. Next, stir in the beans, protein powder, tomatoes, salsa, green chilies and corn. Stir in the chili powder, cumin, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
- You may choose to serve chili with tortilla chips.
Recipe courtesy of Heather Clay, International Cover Model and Fitness Coach