Who says it has to be indulgent to taste indulgent? This Red Velvet Smoothie is proof that you can have the flavors of the holiday season without getting off track with your healthy gluten-free lifestyle!
My favorite parts about this smoothie, besides the fact that it tastes so amazing, is that it is dairy-free and packed with plant-based protein that is soy- and nut-free! In just a few minutes you can have a rich, velvety protein-packed smoothie to help you power through your day!
Rev up that blender!
Prep time: 5 mins
Total time: 5 mins
Dairy-free, casein-free, soy-free, nut-free, corn-free, vegan.
- 1/2 cup milk (I use unsweetened coconut milk; use your favorite dairy- or plant-based milk)
- 6 medium fresh or frozen strawberries, chopped (frozen berries yield a thicker smoothie and eliminate the need for ice; if your berries aren’t frozen, you can toss in a few ice cubes)
- 1-2 Tablespoons Growing Naturals Pea Protein powder
- 1-2 teaspoons cocoa powder (or carob powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Optional: depending upon the sweetness of your berries, you may want to add a small amount of your favorite sweetener
- Place ingredients in blender
- Blend until smooth
- Pour and serve immediately
Approximately (without added sweetener): 13g protein/ 4g sugar/9g carb/5.3g fat/ 3g fiber/ 102 calories
Recipe courtesy of Gluten Free Gigi