One of my very favorite snacks in the fall and winter is pumpkin protein ice cream!! I always use growing naturals protein powder, it comes in the raw pea protein vanilla blast or you can get raw rice protein in the chocolate or vanilla flavor, both are amazing!
This makes enough for 1 hungry ice cream loving person.
- 1-2 frozen peeled bananas
- 1 scoop of Growing Naturals Pea Protein or 1.5 scoop Rice Protein
- about 1/3 cup of pumpkin puree
- a dash of maple or vanilla extract is optional
- a few dashes of cinnamon, and nutmeg
- unsweetened vanilla almond milk, use just a little to get a desired consistency, you can always add more
If you have a vitamix or blendtec blender you can throw everything in there and it will make it into a soft serve ice cream in about 1 minute.
Before I got my vitamix I just cut up the fully frozen bananas into the food processor with the S-shaped blade with all the ingredients and a drizzle of almond milk and blended it until desired consistency.
Try out different mix ins like chocolate protein with strawberries or vanilla protein with coconut. Options are truly endless!!
Approximately (1 out of 2 servings, using 2 bananas): 9g protein/ 17g sugar/34g carb/ 1g fat/ 5g fiber/ 167 calories
Recipe courtesy of Kelly Itsell of Fitness You Can Live With