This “blendsation” tastes like ice cream and contains a good amount of protein, especially with the boosters. Heart-healthy phytonutrients and fiber from the pears combine with anti-inflammatory ginger to help regulate the digestive system, tone the intestinal tract, and relieve bloating and nausea.
- 3⁄4 cup (180ml) unsweetened hemp milk, or other nut, grain, or seed milk (strained if homemade)
- 1 tablespoon Growing Naturals vanilla protein powder
- 3 ripe pears, skin on, cored and diced
- 1 cup (27g) loosely packed baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice, plus more to taste
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon shelled hemp seeds
- 1 chopped pitted date, soaked
- 1⁄2 medium frozen sliced banana
- 1 cup (125g) ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon raw almond butter (not peanut butter; it’s overpowering)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon wheatgrass powder
Throw all of the ingredients into your blender and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until smooth and creamy. Tweak lime juice to taste.
Approximately (per serving) Calories 128 calories | Fat 1 g | Saturated fat 0 g | Sodium 48 mg | Carbs 26 g | Fiber 3 g | Sugars 17 g Protein 3 g | Calcium 103 mg | Iron 1 mg
CREDIT: Reprinted from THE BLENDER GIRL SMOOTHIES Copyright © 2014, 2015 by Tess Masters. Photographs copyright © 2014 by Erin Kunkel. Published by Ten Speed Press, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC.