The carrot has been called the poor man’s ginseng as it contains more than 490 phytochemicals.
Carrots, especially carrot juice, are a sure-fire ticket to better stomach and gastrointestinal health. Carrots have been touted to help with a variety of digestive problems such as:
- Upset stomach.
- Peptic ulcers.
- Crohn’s disease. (chronic inflammatory disease affecting the whole of the alimentary tract)
- Diarrhea. Celiac disease
- Chewing of carrots increases saliva and quickens digestion by supplying the necessary enzymes, minerals and vitamins. Regular use of carrot prevents the formation of gastric ulcer and other digestive disorders. Carrot juice is an effective food remedy in ailments like intestinal colic, colitis, appendicitis, peptic ulcer and dyspepsia.
Stomach Soothing Smoothie
- 8oz almond milk or coconut milk
- 1/2 c yogurt (kefir or plain organic yogurt)
- handful of watercress leaves (optional. Medium oxalate content)
- frozen pineapple (1 cup) – for Bromelain, a digestive enzyme).
- 1 serving of protein (optional. I used brown rice protein from Growing Naturals)
- 1/2 tsp Orange Extract (or NuNaturals stevia drop)
- honey or maple syrup (to sweeten if you don’t have Orange)
- 1 cup 100% carrot juice
Instructions –> blend and serve.