Makes 12 regular muffins or 6-8 larger muffins.
Low fat, gluten free, high protein, clean eating friendly, refined sugar free.
- 1 cup (220g/2 medium) ripe banana, mashed
- 1 medium mango (about 200g flesh) peeled and chopped into chunks
- 3/4 cup egg whites (we use Pureegg Simply Egg Whites)
- 1 cup (90g) quinoa flakes or gluten free quick oats
- 1/2 cup (60g) Growing Naturals Original Rice Protein powder
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- Optional: 1/4 cup coconut sugar/sugar or sweetener of your choice
- Optional: walnuts/nuts of your choice, chocolate chips, other mix ins
- Preheat your oven to 180C/355F.
- Grease 12 muffin cups/tins with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a food processor or blender, blend your bananas, mango and egg whites until smooth and combined.
- Add in all of your other ingredients and process until combined, scraping down the sides in between processing to ensure everything is mixed together.
- Pour your mixture into your prepared cups/tins, filling about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through and a skewer inserted into the centre of one of your muffins removes clean.
- Allow to cool before serving or storing in an airtight container. These will keep for 2-3 days in an airtight container at room temperature, up to a week in an airtight container in the fridge or for months if frozen.
Approximately (per 1 out of 12 regular muffins, without added sweetener or mix-ins): 7g protein/ 4.7g sugar/ 12g carb/ 0.6g fat/ 1.4g fiber/ 70 calories
Recipe courtesy of Kristy Sayer-Jones of www.southerninlaw.com