Great for snacking, topping your yogurt, smoothie, smoothie bowl or chia pudding!
Makes about 6 and 2/3 Cups of granola
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 ¼ cups sliced almonds
- 2-3 scoops Growing Naturals Vanilla Pea Protein Powder
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (or your choice sweetener)
- ½ heaping tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a large bowl, mix the oats, almonds, protein powder, sugar and cinnamon.
- Place the coconut oil and honey in a separate small bowl and melt in the microwave at low heat. Stir in the vanilla and almond extract.
- Pour the liquid over the oat mixture and combine thoroughly. If it seems too dry, drizzle in additional honey.
- Spread the mixture evenly on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 5 minutes, then stir the mixture. Do this for a total of 15 minutes, or until it looks golden brown.
- Let sit for 15 minutes, then store in an air tight jar or container.
Recipe courtesy of Scarlett Full, in-house Registered Dietitian