Dairy free, egg free, soy free, peanut free, tree nut free, wheat free & gluten free
Prep time: 10-15 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 30-35 minutes | Servings: 12
Adapted on this recipe from Taste of Home
- 2 flax eggs [2 Tbsp ground flaxseed + 6 Tbsp water]
- 7 ½ oz. cooked pumpkin [½ can]
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup grapeseed or light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups BG Bakes Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup Growing Naturals Vanilla Blast Rice Protein Powder
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup allergy friendly chocolate chips + extra for topping
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a muffin tin with paper or foil liners.
In a small mixing bowl, prepare your flax eggs by whisking together the ground flaxseed and water; allow to sit for 3-5 minutes so that the “egg” can absorb the water and thicken.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the flax eggs with pumpkin, maple syrup, oil, and vanilla; beat until smooth.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, protein powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to the wet ingredients and mix well; fold in chocolate chips.
Fill lined muffin cups ¾ full; top with additional chocolate chips. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Approximately (per serving): 4g protein/ 18g sugar/ 34g carbs/ 16g fat/ 2.7g fiber/ 282 calories
Recipe Courtesy: Kait Turshenof www.bubblegirlbakes.com