This mix can be whipped up in minutes and stored in the refrigerator or freezer to use whenever you want to add a little creamy, cheesy flavor to your food. When prepared, the cheesy sauce goes well on pasta (for a quick stove-top vegan macaroni and cheese!), vegetables (add deliciousness to broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, and even Brussels sprouts), and it works well as a dip.
- 1/2 cup cashews (can substitute sunflower seeds for nut-free)
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 scoop cup plain Growing Naturals Plain RiceDrink Powder
- 2 tablespoons non-GMO cornstarch, potato starch, or arrowroot powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet, hot, or smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Place all of the mix ingredients in a spice grinder or food processor, and whiz until powdered.
The mix can be stored in the refrigerator for several weeks, or in the freezer for several months.
Makes about 1-1/2 cups
Approximately (per 1/4 cup serving): 5g protein/ 1g sugar/ 11g carb/ 5.6g fat/ 2g fiber/ 113 calories
Recipe courtesy of Alisa Fleming of godairyfree.org