Makes 8-10 muffins
- ¾ cup rolled oats, ground to a flour
- 1.5 scoops Growing Naturals Premium vanilla rice protein powder (can substitute with Original flavor)
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 large, overripe banana (half a cup)
- ½ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ tsp lemon stevia or lemon extract (can also substitute with lemon juice/zest)
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- ¼ cup dried blueberries (can substitute with frozen blueberries)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 12 count muffin tin and set aside.
- In a high speed blender, add all your ingredients, except for the dried blueberries and blend until a thick batter remains. Fold in your dried blueberries and divide amongst 8-10 of the muffin tins.
- Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in pan for 5 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack.
Notes: Muffins can be kept in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Recipe Courtesy of Arman Lieu of thebigmansworld.com
Approximately (per 1 out of 10 muffins): 7g protein | 10.4g sugar | 20g carb | 8.4g fat | 2.8g fiber | 178 calories