Dark chocolate-dipped strawberries are one of my fav go-to desserts. Not only are they easy to make, they’re also the perfect-size treat and they provide some disease-fighting anti-oxidants (from the berries and cocoa powder)! Plus you’re eating fruit! What could be better? Only a whole smoothie inspired by this dessert and boosted with some plant protein of course! 🙂 I had this for breakfast, but it could also work as dessert by splitting into 4 servings instead of 2.
Makes 2 servings
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1/2 medium frozen banana
- 2 cups your choice milk (I used almond original)
- 1 cup water (or less if you prefer a thicker smoothie)
- 1 heaping tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1.5 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2.5 scoops Growing Naturals Premium Vanilla or Original rice protein
- 1-2 small pieces/squares of your choice dark chocolate (optional)
Place all ingredients (except protein powder) in a blender and blend until smooth. Then add protein powder and pulse until thoroughly mixed. Pour and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Scarlett Full, in-house Registered Dietitian