- Less than 1/3 c. honey
- 1/4 c. molasses
- 1/4 c. coconut oil melted
- 1 egg , plus 2 egg whites
- 1 banana , well mashed
- 3/4 c. plain yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 c. grated zucchini and yellow squash (approx. 2 medium)
- 2 c. whole wheat flour
- 1/4 c. Growing Naturals Chocolate Rice Protein powder
- 1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 c. mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Once you’ve shredded your zucchini, squeeze out any excess moisture. In a stand mixer, mix together the wet ingredients.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, ground flaxseed, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Slowly add the flour mixture into the wet batter and mix well.
- Add your mini chocolate chips and stir just until incorporated.
- Lightly coat your jumbo muffin tin with cooking spray; fill each cup about half way.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Approximately (1 of 12 muffins): 7.5g protein/ 18g sugar/ 36g carb/ 7.8g fat/ 4g fiber/ 225 calories
Recipe courtesy of Michele Eichstead