Makes 5 veggie burgers
- 1 large baked or steamed sweet potato
- 1 can of chickpeas
- a large handful of cilantro
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (from a can)
- 2 diced ribs of celery
- 1/4-1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup Growing Naturals Original rice protein
- 4 tbsp flax meal
- cumin, salt, pepper, and chili powder to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and mix until you reach a desired consistency that you can shape into patties.
- Bake patties on a greased or parchment lined cookie sheet for 45-55 min and then let them cool off. They will firm up a little bit as they cool. I made this with a southwestern flare but you could do any seasonings you like.
Cashew Cheeze Topping – optional
- 1 cup raw soaked cashews
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 – 1 cup unsweetened original plant milk
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- pepper, cumin, and chili powder to taste
Blend all ingredients in a blender until its a texture that you like. Add any seasonings you like for more flavor.