Makes 6-8 bars
- 3 cups oat flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1.5 scoops Growing Naturals chocolate rice protein (can sub for chocolate pea protein)*
- ¾ cup smooth peanut butter
- ¾ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup crushed peanuts
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Milk of choice, to form bars**
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oat flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder and protein powder and mix well.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt your nut butter with your syrup until combined.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix until crumbly. Add your crushed peanuts and chocolate chips and mix until fully incorporated.
- Using a tablespoon, add milk of choice until a thick batter remains. Transfer batter to a lined baking dish or tray and press firmly into place.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, before slicing into 6-8 bars.
*If you use pea protein, you’ll need more milk than if you use the brown rice protein.
** Depending on the brand of coconut flour, you’ll need a considerable amount.
Recipe Courtesy of Arman Lieu of thebigmansworld.com