- 1 large egg
- 2 T coconut oil
- 2 T unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 C cream cheese
- 1/4 C rolled oats
- 1/2 C spelt flour
- 1/4 C pastry flour
- 1.5 scoop Growing Naturals Vanilla Rice Protein powder
- 2 T xylitol (or other sweetener)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 carrot, grated (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium apple, grated
- 2 T shredded coconut, unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Whisk together all wet ingredients in large bowl. Stir in carrot, apple, and coconut. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining dry ingredients. Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, stirring until just combined. Fold in the carrots, apples, and coconut.
- Divide evenly among greased muffin tin. Bake 20-25 mins.
Approximately (in 1 out of 12 muffins): 4.6g protein/ 2.4g sugar/ 11g carb/ 5.7g fat/ 2g fiber/ 114 calories
Recipe courtesy of Laura Hall at Sprint2TheTable