Healthy Real Pumpkin Spice Latte
Scarlett Full, in-house Registered Dietitian
A healthy version of Starbucks' iconic PSL, made with REAL pumpkin and not just "pumpkin flavors or syrups".
- 1 cup original almond milk (or your choice non-dairy milk)
- ¼ cup home brewed coffee, preferably strong (or substitute with 1 shot of espresso)
- 1.5 tbsp plain pumpkin puree (I used canned)
1/2 scoop Growing Naturals vanilla rice protein (you can add more if you want higher protein) - see substitution note below*
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin spice*
- 1/2 tbsp your choice sweetener (optional)
- Add all ingredients into a shaker bottle and shake until thoroughly mixed. (If you don’t have a shaker bottle, use a small bowl and whisk all ingredients together)
- Pour into a mug and heat in the microwave until hot to your liking. Alternately, pour into a small saucepan and heat on the stove top–then enjoy in a mug.
If you don’t have pumpkin spice, use: 2 dashes of allspice, 2 dashes of ground nutmeg, 1 dash ground cloves and 3-4 dashes of cinnamon
May substitute rice protein with vanilla pea protein, or use a 50/50 mix of each.
Calories 105, Protein 10 grams, Sugar 8 grams, Carbs 11 grams, Fat 2.5 grams, Fiber 1 grams