Loaded with healthy fats and fiber, avocados are the base of this nutritious and delicious take on chocolate pudding. This version will keep you satisfied for longer with added pea protein– Plus, did you know pea protein is a natural thickener? It works beautifully to give this alternative dessert some silky smooth volume. Maca is optional but will take your vegan choco pudding to a whole new (nutritional) level 🙂
Makes two 1/2 cup servings
- 1 small hass avocado (it was about 3.5 inches lengthwise)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. maca powder (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp. maple syrup (or your choice sweetener)
- 1 scoop Growing Naturals chocolate pea protein
- 3 tbsp. fresh orange juice (will give the pudding a refreshing lift, trust me :))
- 3-4 tbsp. water
- whipped coconut cream or other whipped cream
- your choice chopped nuts
- your choice berries
- Cut ripened avo in half and scoop insides into a food processor. Add all ingredients except maple syrup and process until smooth.
- Taste the pudding and add maple syrup 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired sweetness.
- Pour in container, cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
This recipe is dairy-free, soy-free, gluten-free, grain-free and vegan/vegetarian.
Recipe Courtesy of Scarlett Full, in-house Registered Dietitian