Protein smoothies are the perfect way to nourish your body during the dog days of Summer–or even just after a good ol’ sweat sesh. A pinch of cacao powder and lots of cinnamon puts a fresh twist on this classic peanut butter and jelly (in smoothie form) breakfast . It’s definitely my go-to post workout meal.
Makes 2 servings
- 1 frozen medium banana (fresh works too, but you’ll want to add some ice to the smoothie)
- 1.5 C frozen mixed berries
- 2 cups original almond milk (or your choice milk)
- 1 cup water
- 1-2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1.5 tbsp. peanut butter (or your choice nut butter)
- 1 scoop Growing Naturals vanilla rice protein
- 1 scoop Growing Naturals chocolate pea protein
Place all ingredients except protein powders into a blender and blend until smooth. Then add the protein powders and blend again until thoroughly mixed. Pour and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Scarlett Full, in-house Registered Dietitian