- 1 scoop (approximately 30 grams) Growing Naturals Strawberry Rice Protein Powder
- ½ cup coconut cream from a can (this is the solid portion of canned coconut milk; I use Trader Joe’s brand)
- 1 teaspoon organic honey
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut butter, melted (not coconut oil), for coating truffles
- Dark cocoa powder, optional coating
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper; set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine protein powder, coconut cream, honey and vanilla. Stir until completely smooth. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove truffle mixture from refrigerator and scoop level ½-tablespoon portions and form into a ball, working quickly rolling the mixture between your palms. Place truffles on prepared pan. When all truffles are rolled, place pan in freezer while you melt the coconut butter in a small shallow bowl.
- Remove truffles from freezer and dip each one, working quickly, in the coconut butter, allowing excess to drip off. Place coated truffles on prepared pan to set.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Makes approximately 12 truffles.
Alternatively, you may omit coconut butter coating and simply dust truffles with dark cocoa powder.
Approximately (per 2 truffles): 5g protein/ 2.5g sugar/ 4.5g carb/16g fat/ 3g fiber/ 186 calories
Recipe courtesy of Gluten Free Gigi