Plantain Ginger Protein Bread
- 1 medium plantain, fully ripe*
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp Golden Lakanto (or brown sugar/other sweetener)
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp no sodium baking powder
- 1/8 tsp cardamom
- Pinch of cloves
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used Growing Naturals Rice Protein)
Preheat oven to 350.
In a small blender (I used a Magic Bullet) blend all ingredients except the protein powder.
Add protein powder and blend again until just combined.
Pour into a prepared pan (I used 8-in round) and bake for 15 mins.
Makes 2 servings.
*A plantain is fully ripe when the skin has turned almost black; it will be aromatic and sweet.
Approximately (for 1 serving): 20g protein/ 17g sugar/ 36g carb/ 0.5g fat/ 3.6g fiber/ 212 calories
Recipe courtesy of Laura Hall of Sprint 2 the Table