This smoothie is great as a light breakfast or meal after a nice sweat sesh. If you’ve worked out extra long and hard (over an hour), consider having both servings as your meal. Don’t let the sugar/carb content scare you away, you need those to help your body absorb the protein and recover the glycogen (energy) it used to train.
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 1 medium frozen banana
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut flakes (unsweetened)
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups coconut milk (or your choice dairy-free milk)
- 1 scoop Growing Naturals Vanilla Pea Protein
- 1/2 scoop Growing Naturals Original Rice Protein
- zest of 1/2 a lemon
Place all ingredients in the blender except for the protein powders. Blend on high until smooth. Then add the protein powders and blend again until thoroughly mixed. Pour and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Scarlett Full, in-house Registered Dietitian