This recipe is vegan, soy-free, dairy-free and nut-free. It’s loaded with essential nutrients like vitamin A, K, and plant-based iron (thanks to the spinach) and vitamin C thanks to the pineapple and OJ. Cheers!
Makes 2 servings
- 1 medium frozen banana
- 1.5 cups frozen pineapple
- 3/4 cup orange juice (I used the kind with pulp)
- 1.5 cups water
- 5-6 ice cubes (optional, depending on how thick you prefer the smoothie)
- 2 cups or 2 large handfuls of fresh baby spinach
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 scoop Growing Naturals vanilla rice protein
- 1 scoop Growing Naturals vanilla pea protein
Place all ingredients into a blender (except for protein powders) and blend until smooth. Then add the protein powders and pulse until thoroughly mixed. Top with your choice toppings. I used extra pineapple, a few grapes, hemp seeds and coconut flakes.
Recipe courtesy of Scarlett Full, in-house Registered Dietitian