Makes approximately 8 energy bites
- 7 pitted dates
- 2 scoops of Growing Naturals Vanilla Blast Rice Protein powder
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut (I used sweetened)
- 2 T. ground flaxseed
- 2 T fresh squeezed lime juice
- zest of 2 limes (or more if you prefer more tartness)
- 1-2 dashes of cinnamon (optional)
- Topping/garnish: ¼ cup shredded coconut, toasted
- Soak the dates in cup with 2 tbsp of warm water for at least 5 minutes so they get softened up and are easier to process.
- Place all ingredients except for garnish and rice protein in a food processor and mix thoroughly until dough is formed. Add the rice protein into the dough and process again thoroughly. If the mixture seems too dry you can add the residual water from the dates into the mixture.
- Roll into 6-8 bite-size balls and coat in toasted coconut flakes if you like.
- Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
Approximately (1 out of 8 bites): 7g protein/ 15g sugar/ 19g carb/ 1.5g fat/ 2.3g fiber/ 108 calories
Recipe courtesy of Scarlett Full, in-house Registered Dietitian