Real Talk with Guru Kathleen Uhran: Running Tips
Thinking about running…maybe a half marathon this summer? I love to run, so I’d say stop thinking and just DO IT. But consider a few things first:
- Do you have the time to properly prepare/train for a race?
- Any past injuries to consider?
- If this is your first race, consider one that is close to where you live or if you’re feeling adventurous, choose one someplace you’ve always wanted to visit.
- Would you benefit from a training buddy? If so, who would that be?
- Just like with most things in life, you’re going to have your ups and downs with your training. Can you stick with it?
Here are links to lists of Half Marathons and Marathons held in locations around the United States:
To help you train this summer, I’d like to share with you my “Half Marathon Training Workout” with 2 videos to support it. After your workout, it’s so important to always re-fuel your body. I love this protein smoothie recipe, to re-charge – hope you do too!
Half Marathon Training Circuit – Part 1
Half Marathon Training Circuit – Part 2